About this episode
Leona Watson started Cheeky Food Events, where they offered companies cooking lessons as a team-building activity.
Over 17 years, Watson produced 3,000 events for more than 85,000 people. Watson hit $3 million in sales when she realized it was time for her to start thinking differently about her business.
Several years later, Watson decided to sell, and in this episode, you’ll discover:
- A quirky hack for getting your team to act more independently.
- How you may be unconsciously sabotaging your business.
- How to respond to a low-ball offer.
- One way to ensure you get the deal terms that are important to you in a sale.
- An unusual way to sell the idea of Standard Operating Procedures to your most creative employees (download The Definitive Guide to Standard Operating Procedures).
- A surprising way to calculate your walk-away number.
- 3 things you need to consider before putting your business up for sale.
About Our Guest
“If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen” takes on a whole new meaning thanks to Leona’s insights around leadership, teams, and human behavior.
An award-winning entrepreneur, Leona founded Cheeky Food Events, the world’s first cooking team building company. Applying the ‘big business’ skills she learnt during her time with Microsoft and Virgin, she took Cheeky from Start Up to a wildly successful brand, delivering over 3,000 unique team events before she sold after 17 “pedal-to-the-floor” years.
She also observed the best and worst of leadership and culture, witnessing 80,000 work colleagues striving to connect on a personal, team and corporate level. The lessons she shares, including her own epic fails and wins as a business owner, are often hilarious, sometimes cringe-worthy but always real, relevant, and human.
Leona delivers “truth-bombs” that both entertain and pack a punch.
Connect with Leona: